You have probably already heard about the long-awaited update of the OpenAI DALL-E image generator, called DALL-E 3, which has caused quite a stir on the internet in its first few days of access. Creators around the world are eagerly comparing the capabilities of DALL-E 3 with other image generators, writing articles and reviews, and sharing their prompts and findings.
But we have a better idea: we will tell you how to create cool concepts in augmented reality using DALL-E 3 and why it is a simple and convenient way to work.
How to access OpenAI DALL-E 3
The latest artificial intelligence model, the DALL-E 3 image generator, is now available to all users of Bing Chat and Bing Image Creator. Last week, we deployed the system for Bing Enterprise users, followed by the inclusion of Bing Image Creator users, and now we have made it available to everyone.
Thus, the Bing search engine gained access to DALL-E 3 even before OpenAI ChatGPT ― this was supposed to happen by the end of the month, but only for users who have a paid subscription. The system understands commands better and generates more creative and photorealistic images. Moreover, it is designed to be easier to use.
To work with DALL-E 3, you need to use the Image Creator from Microsoft Bing, which is currently available to users with a Microsoft account on Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices.
Advantages of OpenAI DALL-E 3
- Simplicity of request. Modern text-to-image conversion systems often ignore words or descriptions, forcing users to learn the technical aspects. DALL-E 3 is a leap forward in the ability to generate images that accurately match the text provided by the user. This feature allows for a more precise and detailed representation of the user’s ideas.
- Protection of copyright. Another key feature of DALL-E 3 is the ability to reject requests to create images in the style of a living artist. This function is an important step towards respecting the intellectual property rights of artists. Furthermore, authors can now exercise the capability to exclude their images from contributing to the training of future image generation models. This empowers them with greater control over their creative content.
- Ethical censorship of requests. OpenAI has also taken measures to limit DALL-E 3’s ability to generate materials containing violence, adult content, or hate speech. This is part of OpenAI’s commitment to ensuring responsible and ethical use of its artificial intelligence systems.
- Ethical censorship of requests. OpenAI has also taken measures to limit DALL-E 3’s ability to generate materials containing violence, adult content, or hate speech. This is part of OpenAI’s Furthermore, DALL-E 3 incorporates a rejection function for requests that inquire about the identity of a public figure. The implementation of this feature aims to safeguard the privacy and reputation of individuals.
- ChatGPT (function temporarily limited). The integration of DALL-E 3 has taken place within Bing Chat and ChatGPT, rather than being developed as a standalone product. Users can gradually refine the image with the chatbot instead of endlessly practicing composing requests. And the most interesting part: DALL-E 3 can not only create images but also suggest options for further actions. For example, in a dialogue, templates like “Can you add a rainbow in the background?”, “Make it a cat instead of a dog,” or “Add birds around the waterfall” appear. Unfortunately, access to DALL-E 3 in ChatGPT is currently limited: this feature did not appear in the beta features section of GPT 4 and is currently an additional option. However, OpenAI is slowly but surely expanding access, and some users have already been able to obtain it.
- Origin classifier. OpenAI is actively exploring and developing effective methods to aid individuals in determining if an image was generated using AI. As part of their ongoing efforts, they are conducting experiments with an origin classifier, a newly developed internal tool that aims to identify the source of an image, specifically if it was created using DALL-E 3. This tool serves the purpose of enhancing comprehension of potential applications of generated images and ensuring the responsible utilization of AI-generated visuals.
And it’s also fun! Here’s an example of how DALL-E 3 turned the sentence “The Imperial Penguin in a Victorian English gentleman’s suit, wearing a monocle and a top hat, proudly stands against the backdrop of Big Ben” into a series of amusing images:
Using DALL-E 3 for Business
One of the most common challenges we face when creating augmented reality projects is the lack of a concept. The clarity of the technical specifications we have in front of us during the project creation process determines the speed, accuracy, quality, and final result.
Brainstorming, idea generation, and concept development can take a lot of time and effort. Additionally, it can be quite difficult to explain a project in augmented reality “in words” alone, which is why having detailed visualization at hand is always beneficial.
This is where DALL-E 3 comes to our rescue.
With the help of this image generator, in less than a quarter of an hour, you can brainstorm, generate concept options, and even create decent marketing materials. Not only can these visuals help visually explain the idea, but they can also aid in its accurate reproduction later on.
It’s hard to imagine, but DALL-E 3 can offer not only concepts but even approximate designs for packaging, 3D models, and mechanics in augmented reality!
Example of using DALL-E 3
Let’s imagine that we need to create a box for a ready-to-eat breakfast that comes to life in augmented reality. Let’s choose a dinosaur theme (because everyone loves dinosaurs!)
- Enter a description of the box for the ready-to-eat breakfast with dinosaurs into DALL-E 3. For example: “A box for a ready-to-eat breakfast with vibrant dinosaur images on the front. Green background with tree and vegetation outlines.”
- Start the generation process and wait for the results. DALL-E 3 will generate images that match your description.
- From the generated images, select several options that you like the most. You can choose images with different dinosaurs, backgrounds, or compositions.
- Use the generated images as a basis for further packaging design. You can provide these images to designers to create more detailed layouts based on the selected concepts.
By using DALL-E 3, you can quickly generate concepts and a rough design for a dinosaur-themed box for a ready-to-eat breakfast, allowing you to visualize the idea and reproduce it more accurately in augmented reality.
That’s awesome! Now we have many cool ideas for packaging. Let’s try generating ideas for augmented reality! Maybe we will immediately have ready-made options or some images will inspire us with new ideas?
So, we have discussed the possibilities of using DALL-E 3 to assist in generating concepts and ideas for your projects. It’s great to have the ability to speed up and simplify the searching process, making creativity even more enjoyable and efficient.
DALL-E 3 is a wonderful tool that thrills us, representing a significant achievement in the field of artificial intelligence. The integration with ChatGPT, respect for intellectual property rights, and commitment to ethical and responsible use make it a promising tool for both creators and users.
In the near future, our Text-to-3D feature will also enable the creation of even higher-quality and more promising 3D models. But for now, let’s make use of the new capabilities and bring your projects and ideas to life!
Feel free to create a new AR project for your business or creative endeavors right away.