Rise and shine, it’s makeup time!
The increasing popularity of AR in the beauty industry has marked the beginning of a lucrative new era in ecommerce. AR technology has revolutionized the way customers interact with beauty products, creating immersive and personalized experiences that drive engagement and sales.
AR allows customers to virtually try on makeup products and even experiment with different looks in real-time. By overlaying digital elements onto the user’s face or body, AR enables customers to see how products will look on them before making a purchase. This not only reduces the uncertainty associated with online shopping but also increases customer confidence in their buying decisions.
AR Masks are Not Just for Fun
The application of AR makeup masks and face filters can be beneficial for both professional makeup artists and everyday users who want to experiment with new looks. These masks and filters can be used for everyday makeup as well as for special events or photoshoots.
AR face filters and effects can also be applied in other areas such as fashion, advertising, and entertainment. They offer new opportunities for interacting with virtual objects and creating unique visual effects.
Additionally, AR boosts brand loyalty and increases the likelihood of customers sharing their experiences on social media, thereby driving further brand awareness and sale
What other ideas?
- Try-ons. AR face filters and effects allow users to experiment with different styles and color combinations of makeup without physically applying it to their face. This is convenient for those who want to try out new ideas or find the perfect look for a special occasion.
- Personalization. AR face filters and effects typically offer a wide range of makeup styles and products that can be applied to the user’s face. Users can choose different shades of lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, and other products to find the most suitable option for their skin tone and style.
- Education and Inspiration. AR face filters and effects can also serve as a tool for learning and inspiration. Some applications offer makeup tutorials using AR face filters and effects to help users learn how to apply different products or create specific effects.
- Social Interaction. AR face filters and effects can be used to create unique and interactive photos and videos. Users can share their makeup experiments with friends on social media or messaging platforms, fostering a broader exchange of ideas and inspiration.
Brands are Сhoosing AR!
The implementation of augmented reality technology by beauty brands has revolutionized the way consumers interact with their products. By offering virtual try-on features, these brands have created immersive and engaging experiences for their customers.
Tarte Cosmetics, for example, witnessed a remarkable 200% surge in sales after launching their virtual try-on feature. This tool allows customers to virtually apply different shades of makeup and see how they look before making a purchase. By providing a realistic and interactive way to try out products, Tarte Cosmetics not only increased consumer confidence but also encouraged more purchases.
Aveda, another successful brand, introduced a hair color try-on tool powered by AR. This tool allows users to see how different hair colors would look on them without having to commit to a permanent change. As a result, Aveda experienced a significant increase in website traffic, particularly to their salon locator, as customers were eager to find a salon that offered their desired hair color. Moreover, the introduction of this AR tool led to a notable 112% spike in the amount of time users spent on Aveda’s website, indicating a higher level of engagement and interest in the brand.
These success stories demonstrate the immense potential of AR in the beauty industry. By leveraging this technology, brands can offer personalized and interactive experiences to their customers, ultimately driving sales, increasing website traffic, and enhancing customer engagement. As the demand for immersive and convenient shopping experiences continues to rise, it is likely that more beauty brands will adopt AR as a key component of their marketing strategies.
One can even say that AR technology has completely transformed the beauty industry by offering customers a more interactive, personalized, and engaging shopping experience. As AR continues to evolve, we can expect to see further advancements and innovations that will shape the future of ecommerce in the beauty industry. In the meantime, we can continue to utilize popular and successful forms of AR experience, such as Face Filters and Effects.
DEVAR (MyWebAR) and the Magic of Makeup
Earlier, we mentioned that our no-code platform, DEVAR (MyWebAR), now offers the ability to use Face Filters and Effects as an AR experience. We even prepared a tutorial that provides a detailed explanation and demonstration of how to easily create such an AR experience yourself.
We hope you’re as excited about this feature as we are!
So, what techniques and effects can be used to effectively utilize Face Filters and Effects in the beauty industry? Here are a few ready-to-use ideas for application:
- AR Tester. Place a QR code on your product or on the marketplace where the product is sold, and allow users to try on specific shades of eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, or lipstick. Why try it on your hand when you can see it on yourself?
- Perfecting Eyeliner. Not everyone is skilled at drawing on eyeliner, and not everyone knows which shape suits them best. That’s where AR comes in handy! Show your potential customers how eyeliner suits their face, and they might consider purchasing a product they’ve always avoided.
- Trial of Complex Makeup Looks. You’re a beauty expert, but your client doesn’t know what they want? With AR, you can easily select several examples of suitable makeup looks (such as evening or creative styles) without wasting time and materials. Then, you can create the exact look they need.
- Challenging Yourself. Some people are afraid to experiment and consider unfamiliar or unconventional brands, or even types of cosmetics. With AR, they can try on a makeup look they never thought of using before!
- Sets for Different Purposes. Offer your customers ready-made makeup ideas created based on your product lines. This way, they can not only find a suitable makeup look but also receive a list of products needed to recreate that specific look.
- Photo Session. Have an outfit but no makeup? With AR, you can not only find the perfect makeup to match your outfit but also quickly take photos with different makeup looks while wearing the same outfit!